Friday, June 4, 2010

God's touch

Last week, I just attended church conference for 3 days. It was such a great experience for me. And It was definately much better than the previous year. The presence of God is really strong, the praise and worship is awesome and the word of God is impactful as well.


Actually when I received the news that the church conference will be held in Singapore, it does not excite me in participating for it. Because all the while we have our conference outside Singapore. And this is the first time we have the conference in Singapore. Besides, the people in our unit has the lowest attendance in participating for this conference. Somehow to certain degree, it has discouraged me. But as the date approaching soon, our leader has mobilized the people to do prayer and fasting; to develop our desire to experience Him through the conference and to get our heart ready enough in receiving God's message.

One day before the conference, my leader actually called up the people who will attend the conference in person and pray for us on the phone that we will really experience Him. I can see how my leader really put her heart and effort in seeing her people receiving something through this conference. And it actually stirs my heart in meeting up with the two sisters from my cg before the church conference started. The two sisters and I came together and had a sharing about the church conference. We do not want to treat this conference just as another camp or retreat but we want to be a changed person after the conference. We want our "Jar" to be filled by God fully after the conference.

Then the next day, here you go..the conference has started. What impacted me the most from this conference is really the presence of God and the word of God. I come to realize if what we really want to experience is GOD HIMSELF, it doesn't matter whether the event will be held in Singapore or not, whether the program is interesting or not, whether the topic relevant or not. That are not the most important things. What's important is God is there with us. Amen!

Our senior pastor was in the conference and he mentioned this "DO NOT MISS THE CHANCE FOR YOU TO BE TOUCHED BY GOD". Attending conferences, camps or other activities are the avenues for us to meet Him and to be touched by Him so don't miss it. Thus I think we have really made the right decision in coming and not missing out the touch of Him.

On the first day during the heart preparation, God actually reminded me about a potter and a clay. Do I want to be the kind of clay that is soft enough for Him to mould me or I want to be a "hard/stubborn" clay? Hmmm...I responded to Him, yes Lord I want to be the clay that is soft enough for you to mould me.

Through the teaching and the movie that we watched, I've learnt about being a disciple and becoming a disciple maker. What kind of disciple am I? I usually put quite a high expectation on my mentor (person who disciples me) and as a person who does not really express my expectation, i can easily get disapointed when the expectation is not met. Due to that, i need to learn to manage my expectation.

Another things that I learnt is to have an open heart. Many at times we ask for a conviction, clarification and understanding from God, from our leader, etc. But when we ask for it, did we actually ask it with an open heart? If not after the conversation it will still go back to square. We need to admit that the truth is never easy to accept but that is the truth.

In becoming the disciple maker, I really need to learn to do my part as a leader not because responsibility but because I love Him and I want to love His people as well. That will make a whole lot of different. I know by knowing this, it does not make me easy to do it. But i really want to have this value and this perspective in doing God's work. During the lesson, we were though "STRUCTURE IS DEATH BUT SPIRIT IS ALIVE". I want to impart spirit to the people that God entrusted me, and I am praying and hoping that God will really guide and equip me for these.

On the second day, we actually have the care group bonding. It was because our unit that attended the conference is quite small, thus we decided to have the bonding as a unit. We had our bonding at the national library. We shared more on our thought, feeling, emotion, well almost anything that we have in mind about our cg, our unit or indo group as a whole. The sharing end up pretty well, eventhough at first it is kind of "don't know how to start".
On the last day of the conference, we actually had a prophetic night. I would say the praise and worship is really AWESOME!!! I love it, it just makes you want to just be in His presence always. There was one song that we sang with the lyric "I need more of You, more of You". This lyric really speaks into my heart. I really need more of Him and I want Him more in my lives; above my situation, above my struggles and above all I want more of Him. With this touch, it actually speaks to me alot in the area of breakthrough in term of my relationship with God. I do not want to remain the same in my r/s with Him, I want to experience Him more in my life and can grow my intimacy with Him into another stage. Besides, I come to recognize that I need a breakthrough in my leadership skill; in loving His people and in speaking into people life. There was a session whereby all the leader in the church was praying for all the people who need breakthrough prayer. And I responded for that two areas that I want to see myself growing in.

Another happiness and blessing that I received through this conference is that I can see the two sisters being blessed from this conference. They have shared how they have been blessed through this CC and God has spoken something to them.

Thanks to God who has blessed His children through this conference. We love you Daddy ^_^.

No comments:

Post a Comment