Thursday, October 29, 2009

Let's Race Together

Yesterday, 28 Oct 2009 has marked the beginning of running the new race.

Now the care group has officially birthed.  We start running our own care group yesterday. The team of leader has done our very best in coming out with a new group and in talking to different kind of people about the new grouping.

I started the new care group with a lot of fear in me. I have many pesimistic thought, doubt and lack of faith.
But God has reminded me about FAITH from times to times. This reminder from God has caused me to flip on the bible and meditate on the verse Hebrew 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see". When i meditate on the verse it caused me to think what am I hoping for and what do I really want to see in this new care group.

I HOPE THAT:
1. The care group will have more new friend to join (especially guys..we only have 2-3 guys in the group)
2. Each people will grow in term of their stature with God (daily walk with God, commiting to the local church, start to take caring n follow upping people)
3. To see 10 regular people in the group by end of Jan 2010
4. To relate well with the new core team
5. To have a guitarist in the group

Being sure of what i do not see - is really refering to the area that I am pesimistic about. I thought that this new group, the people are a bit quite; not as bubbly and lively. We do not have guitarist; will this affect the atmosphere of the cg? I actually question all these to God, and God answer me with the verse "to be certain of what i do not see. To put my certainty in Him rather than in the situation". It will be my choice to stay pesimistic with the situation that I'm in now or i choose to face it with FAITH - to be sure of what i hope for and to be certain of what I do not see.

Yesterday care group which is our first care group is very encouraging. And it ups my confident and my courage to run the group. We are not that quite after all...People are very supportive and they make the group become lively. I enjoyed yesterday care group. There was 7 of us yesterday who turn up for the care group. It is a small group which makes us to feel closer to one another as each of us get the attention from everybody. I shared with them about running the race together from the book of 1 Cor 9:24-27:

24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

What i can picturize about this passage is everyone in the group is running in the racing field. All of us start the race together and we are aiming the same finishing line. The end objective is for us to end the race together as one group. As the times goes, some of us may start looking tired, losing out our stamina, feel like giving up, feel frustrated..but there will be some people that are still feel excited, still full of energy to run the race till the end. And as one group we want to cheer and encourage one another in the racing field to keep running. Keep pressing on to reach the finishing line together without leaving anyone behind...

Thus, Let's continue to press on, keep going, keep running and never give up till you finish the race for Him.

Phil 1:6
Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment